Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What a Day!!!

It all started this morning because I overslept...

Since I have a two-week class for my master's program, I was up late the night before and overslept. I loaded the boys in the Expedition and was barrelling toward the preschool when I noticed flashing blue lights in the rear view mirror. Well, I pulled over and luckily did not get a ticket just a verbal warning and a lecture from the cop in front of the other officer he was training. While I was trying to look meek and apologetic, my little angels were in the back seat singing "Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do when they come for you..." I have no idea how that officer kept a straight face! Then off to preschool (slowly) where the conversation turned to jail with a billion 5-year-old questions about a place I only know from watching "Cops" and Oz. Neither seemed to satisfy Andres' curiosity. Dropped the boys off, then called my classmate to relay my excuse to the teacher while I drove in. When I finally got there, I realized I had forgotten Cruz's sheet and blankie for naptime. Walked in late and got a dirty look from the professor--no seats left so I had to stand in the back. At break I got a call from one of my preschool teachers about a possible abuse report on a child and had to spend the 10 minute break dealing with CYFD regulations. I was hungry and still stressed plus I had had no caffine. Back to class. Finally lunch came and of course we were rushed and the cashier had to use me to train and incompetent trainee on. (He thought 50% off $1.49 was .99!) Walked in to class late again and got the dirty look. Once class was over, I headed to the preschool to talk to the parent about their child's issues and allegations. Then gave a tour to a prospective parent. Meanwhile, Andres is begging to go and Cruz wants to have more goldfish crackers. At 5:30 we head home.
Get home and realize I forgot the milk. Call Ann so she can stop and get some. I had to read a whole book tonight (it's small but it's the principle of the matter) and have 2 reflections to post. My head teacher called to discuss further the issue today and I have barely said 6 words to Ann since she got home. And they were in anger and frustration. Now the boys are asleep and so is Ann and I probably won't talk to her in the morning since she is gone by 5:30...I'm sorry and I'm tired. I better go set my alarm for tomorrow--I don't want this day to repeat again.

No comments: