Sunday, July 27, 2008

My Baby's Going to School

There are exactly 2 weeks of summer left. In 2 weeks my baby will start kindergarten... I'm scared. He's ready and I know he'll do fine but once I let him go---that's it, then it's t-ball, drama, guitar, soccer, flamenco classes, then homecoming and prom and... I know, it sounds ridiculous but I look at him and my heart just swells. I want everything to be perfect for him and I won't be in control of that anymore. I want the world to love him and see him as the special person I see him as. Anyway, these are my feelings and they look kinda crazy in writing but I suspect other moms have felt the same way too.
My baby, my firstborn, is spreading his new wings to the sun. He's just waiting for them to dry and strengthen so he can fly. He is so beautiful...

Love,
Marcie

No comments: