Friday, April 11, 2008

Let Them Be Friends

YYesterday and today the boys were friends. I had to take Cruz to the doctor for an asthma follow-up and Andres wanted to go too b/c he has been having nightmares. So, at 9am I loaded them in the SUV and Cruz grabbed this fleece Thomas blanket. Andres, upon seeing the blanket, wanted one too. I steeled myself for the inevitable fight when to my surprise, Andres simply moved his booster seat right next to Cruz and said "Let's share Cruz". Wow!
I kept glancing in the rear view mirror on the way and seeing them cuddled up together just made my week. 15 minutes into the trip they began a conversation just between the two of them about what they wanted to be when they grew up. Andres, of course, said he wanted to be a superhero. "You can be my sidekick, Cruz" he said. "Nope" Cruz replied. "I want to be a flag worker." This perplexed me, but before I could ask a mom-like clarifying question Andres stated "A flag worker is a great idea Cruzer. All the flags will be fixed and beautiful."
To which Cruz answered, "Yup. And red, white, and blue and rainbows."
I wanted to pull over and hug them both. Instead I just smiled and crossed my fingers that more moments like this will be coming.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I love that! I will watch anxiously to see if more wonderful moments like that happen since you guys are a couple of years ahead of us. I can't wait to spend more time with them. Love you!