Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Chicks in the House = Spring

It must be spring at our house when there are sounds of peeping coming from the kitchen. We ordered 3 French Cuckoo Maran chicks. These chickens lay "chocolate" eggs and will bring our flock to 13! Who knew I would take after my mom and love chickens?




Well since this is not a chicken blog, I would like everyone to know that I am finishing up my final exam for a Statistics (the other "s" word) class. This class was hard and generally sucked but I did learn how to use practically every function Excel has!

Chile plants and tomatoes go in the ground this weekend. I jumped the gun and planted too early and some of my plants froze. Should've consulted the Farmer's Almanac. My tulips are almost spent and the jonquils are coming into bloom now. Andres and I planted a cherry tree, a purple plum tree and two more blueberry bushes. Can you tell by now that I LOVE spring?

Buddy, our cocker spaniel, is getting surgery tomorrow for kidney stones. This is his 3rd and hopefully final surgery. I'll let you know how it goes. The boys are a little worried.

Love Marcie

No comments: